Easter Long Weekend

Monday 21 April 2014

So even though it hasn't been that long that I hadn't posted, I somehow still felt kinda like this:


It's probably because now, there are actually people that would visit here and expect to see new content, unlike before in my university days where I used this platform to just vent about what's on my mind (with almost no filter). This is a good thing though. It's nice to see that people look forward to seeing what I'm up to, or just enjoying the food photography that I have here so far. So thank you guys for making blogging worthwhile :D


As for my long weekend, I started off going to Wok of Fame again, only because my parents wanted to try it out. I didn't eat as much as last time, yet I was still relatively content. I didn't take pictures because I thought it might be a bit redundant, but I will entertain you with my attempt at the soft serve ice cream swirling...


Hehe, close enough. Possibly a bit of an overkill at the top, but whatever. Ice cream is still ice cream. I realized when I arrived back at my table that it was chocolate ice cream, so I guess it's safe to say I'm not allergic to chocolate. I'd hate to be allergic to that.

For Friday and Saturday, I was a bit indecisive as to how I wanted to spend my day. A coworker of mine had mentioned a designer shoe sale as well as a LaSenza sale at the International Centre for the weekend, and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to attend. In the end, I went on Friday, enticed by the idea that I may possibly find a pair of Chelsea-like boots/cut-out boots that I've been eyeing for awhile.

There were racks upon racks when I arrived there, with many women carrying handfuls of shoes to try on. Although I didn't spend the entirety of the day there, I did spend quite some time carefully weighing out the options I had chosen, constantly reminding myself to keep my budget in check.  #checkyourselfbeforeyouwreckyourself

A lot of the shoes I tried on were kind of similar in style (I should've taken a picture of my OCD lining up of the rejects, haha). I could've gone home with a shiny gunmetal coloured Sam Edelman ankle boot that had the similar shape as the Chelsea boot, or the buckled ankle boot, but I ultimately reasoned with myself why I chose the two contenders below:

From left to right: Fergie boots, Franco Sarto sandal heels

The Fergie boot just looked so badass. For those that know me well, I have an affinity for all things badass, from leather jackets to comic book characters such as X23. The silhouette seemed more versatile than the combat boots I already own, and dare I say it, this may even satiate my craving for cut-out boots or Chelsea-like boots. I found that some cheaper Chelsea replicas reminded me of witch shoes/felt like clown shoes (not entirely my cup of tea at the moment) so I was happy that these boots are a bit more rounded and fitting.

The sandals beside the boots resonated with the fact that I don't own a pair of nude coloured sandals. Then again, I still lack some basic essentials in the first place... Anyway, if it weren't for the fact that these shoes were incredibly comfortable after walking around in it on hard flooring for about 15 - 20 minutes, I wouldn't have considered them at all. Granted, the ultimate test of comfort is to wear these for an extended period of time and walk around on concrete all day, however, I have confidence in them for some odd reason.

Afterwards, I headed over to the LaSenza sale. I wasn't interested in the Lacoste shoes (especially when I just bought two pairs of shoes), and the clothing by Dex failed to grab my attention. $12.99 for 5 panties though — if you can get a deal that is half of what they usually offer in retail store, why not? That and it would be good to stock up on underwear that wouldn't cause you to have visible panty lines. I'll just leave it at that.

Friday had left me feeling withdrawn, not wanting to trek all the way downtown the next day and possibly spend even more money, even though seeing the two coworkers I'm closest with would've been nice. So I spent the majority of my Saturday at home, catching up on personal errands and completely a little DIY project that I will have up later this week :)

Sunday? It was kind of a lazy day, watching YouTube videos, finishing up things I didn't finish on Saturday and spending a good portion of my night on this:


I'm still in the process of completing these cards. I feel like such a snail at the moment, but with a bunch of other things going on in my life at the moment, I'm glad I can at least have an inkling of time to get more progress on this.

I would say Easter weekend was well spent, even if my family and I don't necessarily celebrate the holiday :P

No comments:

Post a Comment