For A Lack of Better Words

Sunday 5 October 2014

So I lied. Somehow Friday zipped by under my nose, and sooner or later, I had to make way to go to badminton for my usual start of the weekend nights, with no double post, lol. It's funny, because I have the photos edited, online and all, I just need to get around to writing about it. Could this be a mini writing block?

And yet, here I am, writing a post that doesn't necessarily pertain to anything, just myself typing away as if I have verbal written diarrhea. I haven't been the most productive this weekend, but strangely, I'm okay with that. I think that those extra days of badminton and/or the extra added small sessions of working out here and there throughout the week has created a sudden craving to have just an idyllic time to myself. Or maybe I just need to sleep earlier. I don't know. *shrugs*.

I also found myself routinely checking up more on the news now. I have sporadic moments where I do and I don't, of which I sometimes fall victim of giving the impression of being unaware of what's going on around me. A lot of what has piqued my interest is the situation that has been happening in Hong Kong, something that I empathize for, and yet feel completely alien to (kind of) at the same time. The civilians there are technically what my friends and I would coin as "my peoples" and yet, being assimilated here where I reside for so long, I don't entirely relate to them either. What I can say however, is that I am thankful that I live in a place that gives you the liberty to live in a democratic lifestyle, something that seems hedonistic compared to the worries of what could be Hong Kong's future. And it's not until I come across events like these, that I am reminded of how I sometimes take my lifestyle for granted when I shouldn't.

It's not just the HK protests that reminded me not take things for granted; there were other things that I got reminded of too as of late — my work, my capabilities...

*yawns*

I had so much momentum starting this post and then I got sidetracked... *sigh* Anyway, I conclude this post hoping that you the reader will reflect on the things in your life that make it worthy as well, and, like me, am grateful for such things. That is what makes us human after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment