This Past Week....

Monday 17 February 2014



I didn't get around to much progress on my cards as of late, sorry about that :( Work has been somewhat hectic, and with a few other things that I'm juggling outside of work (i.e. going out for dinners, small errands I had to do for other people, etc etc), I felt like I didn't have that much time to unwind or anything.

BUT, my week wasn't terrible at least.

As you can tell from previous posts, I was scrounging the internet for inspiration on my Valentines Day card. This is what I came up with:


The blue outline is an Illustrator guide — it's not actually supposed to be there....
Nerdy/geeky AND Chinese. How much more personalized can you get? :P I'm not Mandarin, but I at least know how to say "I love you" in that language, so that counts, right?

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I know that a) it's kind of a phony "holiday" because it's pretty much a ploy for consumerism, b) as the cliché saying goes, everyday should be Valentine's Day and c) single people despise this day most of the time, but it shouldn't be just about couples in love. I used to grumble about that day too when I used to be single, so I was guilty of that mindset. It wasn't until I received a small gesture from Jody Ann that I was reminded that Valentine's Day could also represent the appreciation for platonic friendships and family as well.

So thanks Jody, for this lovely snack :)


While my boyfriend and I are not the type to shower each other with extravagant gifts for this "holiday", he still wanted to go on a food adventure so I gave him a few choices. Of course, knowing him, he would choose to go to a different ramen place. Har har. I'll post about this place next week.

Hmmm.... what else happened this week...?

I also started modifying Jody Ann's blog to her dream layout. Why you ask? Well, I like to keep my skills in check sometimes, and also get better for a sense of achievement and fulfillment. Plus I feel like I haven't coded in awhile (with the exception of this blog), so at least there's that.

I'm still in progress though, but it's a start. I will probably take advantage of the remaining long weekend that I have to make further improvements/OCDING about little details like I always do. 

Then this weekend, I had a belated birthday celebration with my close knit group of university friends, my homeslices basically :) Will also have a compilation blog post about that later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment